Enter saxophone solo…
I’m joining in the fun and creating a 5 x 5 post, first seen here, second seen here and third seen here (Benzeknees actually started all these shenanigans!). I’m telling you, this kind of thing is contagious.
Five Things I am Passionate About (sorry, a bit of repetition here):
- Education – children are our future and ignorance brings fear.
- Equality – for everyone – you, you and you!
- Kindness – treat others as you like to be treated.
- Environment – reuse, repurpose, recycle.
- Animal welfare – Temple Grandin style with emphasis on positive reinforcement training.
Five Things I Would Like to Do
Before I Die While I’m Still Alive:
- Write a book.
- Conquer my fear of failure.
- Return to England and Ireland.
- Get a dog.
- Read more.
Five Things I Say A Lot:
- ‘Naaaaaaw!’ I get cuted-out quite easily.
- ‘Well hello!’ My ‘cute’ greeting – eg. A dog has just sniffed my knees.
- ‘Sorry’ I apologise excessively
- ‘He-he’ combined with a goofy grin and possibly happy-hands when I’m really excited about something. It’s hard to explain as it also has its own cartoon-esque accent.
- ‘Actually’, ‘Really’, ‘Very’ – I ‘always’ over-emphasise everything.
Five Books or Magazines I Have Read Lately:
- Blogs (Too many, too varied and full of awesomeness).
- Australian Country Style (magazine).
- Dog’s Life Magazine (all I need now is a dog).
- ‘Stardust’ by Neil Gaiman.
- ‘Art Deco: The Golden Age of Graphic Art and Illustration’ by Michael Ormiston & Rosalind Ormiston (non-fiction).
Five Favourite Movies (In no particular order – and believe me – I have more!):
- Dave – A story about a lookalike American president. It’s idealistic and charming and a romantic comedy of sorts.
- Lars and the Real Girl – A man falls in love with a life-sized blow-up doll – do NOT let this synopsis put you off.
- Once – A charming Irish, modern day musical and love story.
- The Emporer’s New Groove – Yes, it’s my favourite Disney – I quote this daily.
- Good Will Hunting – A story about a troubled young genius searching for direction.
There you have it. Are you enlightened?